Thursday, May 15, 2008
1) Sunday Night Hot Chocolate in 55- I was reminded of this when one of my current roomates came up with the idea to have coco time every week. We make a cup of cocco and then sit on our balcony and chat for a few minutes and just chill. It made me think of Jen McQueen, Ashley, Barb and Trish and all the good times we had hanging out with them and having a cup of hot chocolate.
2) Thurdsay night Bowling- Who could ever think of a better thursday night activity? All of us trying to beat Shanelle, and rarely ever doing it. Making fun of Meghan. The occasional outburst of profanity, T.J. winning free bowling for knowing trivia, and who can forget the little kid who liked to play in the lockers.
3) Backyard movies- One of Pats greater ideas, I would have to admit. Its great to have 20 0r thirty people crammed in the back yard for movies. And who would have guessed some of the fun that would occur. Ren trying to be a ladies man and other good times.
4) Gotcha- Hiding in a tree waiting for Reed to come home. The constant sneaking around with a squirt gun and not trusting anyone. An alliance with Tiff, Holly and Amanda. Getting killed by your Bishop. haha good times.
5) Forgotten Carols Date Night- I have now been to the Forgotten Carols five years in a row but I don't know that many can compare to the two years in Logan. Its not many times you can get around 20 people crammed into our little house for a home made dinner. And looking back on things I have taken 5 different girls to the play and after Mer gets married 4 out of the 5 will be married, and Im still single. Figure that one out.
6) Bonfires- Whether we were up Green Canyon or up the canyon at Risa's cabin these were all good times. Bruce and his guitar and Spice and his drums. There were only about 7 of us at one of the most memorable fires, but I don't think Josh or Spice and I will forget Kates fiesty friend and how she had to make fun of everyone. And then getting to see the reaction and verbal beat down she got from Spice after she had pushed his button. And who can forget the mattress swing, haha and thats all that needs to be said about that.
7) Sci Fi Theata- I don't know that I will ever experience anything like this again. Picture around 15 strait guys in an apartment going around the circle confessing who each one was interested in and talking about relationship problems. I know we all got a look at a different side of a few people.
8) The USU 37th Ward- Its hard to have a ward that was as close and fun as that ward. We had such a great bishopric with Bishop Stokes, Brother Measom, and Brother Daines. It was amazing how we all clicked and were such good friends. It was litterally for me a home away from home. I met some amazing people and good friends. I'm not the best at keeping in touch or being the greatest friend but I will hopefully change that and be better.
Well, I think I could go on for quite a while about things I loved and enjoyed about Logan and my experiences up there. It will have been 2 years in August that I moved to Orem. I made it back up there about a week ago with my brother. It was only the 2nd time since I had moved that I had been back. I took him around and showed him some of the places that bring back memories and where the good times happened. Logan has changed but memories and friendships never will. I don't know if anyone still reads this blog or not but thats ok. Just to finish it off, Im just going to say to all you out there that were apart of any of these memories and many more " I burrito you!" That phrase won't mean much to some but to everyone else, you know exactly what I'm saying.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
I live with 6 guys. 5 of them have been friends since 7th grade. They are pretty chill guys and we get along pretty well. I guess I could say I have been accepted into the group of friends. I got very lucky to get to put in the same apartment as these guys.
Well and for the other fun stuff in life. Im still single, I know such a shocker haha. Not really, just dating and not into anything too serious right now. Just enjoying life at the moment. I have been taking a break for the past while from school. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what to do. But I think I have decided what I want to do. I am going to look into going to BYU. Its a good school and I think it will be a good experience if I can get in and go to school. Well, I will try to post on this more often now. So check back for more updates.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Its easy to ask why me when these things happen. I do it all the time even though I try so hard not to. I don't think wondering why helps anything it just makes it worse. When we focus on why things happen, we feel bad about our situation and loose sight of all the good things that are around us and the blessing we have. We don't take time to appreciate the things that we appreciate about the situation that we were in and only want to go back to where we were. I know that's something that happens in my life. Change isn't accepted well by most of us and it causes stress and worry in our lives. I won't go so far as to say there aren't some why questions that we can ask that will be beneficial. But I do belief that asking "Why Me?" isn't one of them.
Life can be cruel and heartless at times. Its hard to accept that most of the time when other people are involved, freedom of choice can be a very hard thing to deal with and accept. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you feel or what you want, people make choices that affect us and it hurts sometimes. Sometimes it hurts worse than you could have ever imagined or have ever been hurt before. I have pondered on why this is part of life and haven't really come up with any good answers and I don't know if I will ever know the answer. One thing I believe is that things happen for a reason in life. That belief doesn't make it any easier to deal with some of life's monkey wrenches but it does make it easier to look at what happened more objectively. It makes it a little easier to ask the question " What do I need to learn from this?" or the question "How can this situation make me a better person?"
I probably am the last person who should be writing this right now. Im just spewing thoughts that have been on my mind on to the computer screen and in a lot of ways I need to just follow my own post and do these things in my own life. Life can be so hard at times and it can seem like no one cares or is there for us. I know that this isn't true, there is always someone who has our back and will be there for us no matter what. We sometimes loose the people that get us through the days and seem to make life worth while. But no matter what happens life goes on and if we sit around and only think about what we had we will miss out on so much. Don't get me wrong I don't think that it is easy to just get on with life. That might me one of the hardest things for us to believe and really do. It takes time to heal and then we can move on with life. And I don't know that you can really put a time limit on how long it will take to heal and be able to move on. All I can say is thank goodness for family and good friends and also for the good lord and his help.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
A store that sells husbands has just opened in Dallas, TX, where woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates."You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!"
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband . . .
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh,mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping here